I spent this past snowy Sunday cooking in the kitchen for the week. Here are my simple recipes:
Potato and Carrot Tots (from Skinnytaste)
Cabbage and Dill Salad
Persian Cucumbers with Smoked Salmon and Capers
Greek Yogurt with Peach Jam and Sliced Almonds
*My version has added mushrooms and a different dressing
Chicken, Cheddar, and Golden Delicious Apple Sandwich
1/2 head of cabbage, shredded
1/2 dill, chopped
1/4 cup EVOO
Salt and Pepper, to taste
Combine all ingredients and enjoy!
Tip: After shredding the cabbage, massage it with your hands. This will soften it and make it more pliable for enjoyment.
2 Persian cucumbers, sliced
4 slices smoked salmon
2 tbsp capers
- Place capers on the bottom
- Layer smoked salmon on top of cucumbers
1/2 Greek yogurt
1/4 cup Peach jam (or any other jam your prefer)
2 tbsp sliced almonds
- Greek Yogurt on the bottom.
- Peach jam on top of yogurt
- Sliced almonds on top
Honey Miso Dressing
2 tbsp white miso
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp EVOO
2 tbsp honey
4 tbsp water
- Combine all ingredients and mix well. The mixture should be able to pour easily. If it comes out too thick, slowly add more water.
Chicken (or other preference) cold cuts
Cheddar cheese, sliced
Golden delicious apples (or any other sweet variety apple), sliced
Sandwich thins (I used Arnold’s)
- Layer chicken on the bottom, cheddar in the middle, and one slice of apple on top.
I was a little skeptical at first, but this flavor combination is amazing! Don’t count out combining fruit, especially apples, into sandwiches. The concept is similar to combining sweet grapes with cheese.