Blogged while watching Chopped!
I’m so excited about my meal plan this week because I got some brand new Bento Boxes. It’s easier to plan meals because I get a visual of each compartment. Recipes are below.
Whole wheat wrap
Combine the ingredients and wrap them up!
Tip: I placed the mango between the roast beef and spinach so that it is held in place between other ingredients. It’s slippery and will fall out if it’s not buckled down by the other ingredients. When mango is in season, I highly recommend using fresh instead of canned.
Fillet of sole with blackened seasoning
Two fillets of sole
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Season both sides of sole with blackened seasoning
- Bake fish in the oven for 35 minutes
Tip: Blackened seasoning can be salty and spicy. Be generous with it so that the taste isn’t too over-powering.
Pearl Couscous with Pesto
1 1/2 cups pearl couscous, cooked
1 cup fresh basil leaves
4 garlic cloves
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper (to taste)
Olive oil, to taste
- Place basil leaves, garlic cloves, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper into food processor, turn on.
- Slowly add the olive oil (to taste) as the ingredients are mixing together.
- Mix the pesto in with the pearl couscous
Tip: Pesto is traditionally made with pine nuts, but since I didn’t have any, I just left them out. I also didn’t go crazy with the olive oil. My pesto was viscous enough to mix into the couscous without becoming too rich and/or heavy.
Slice the persimmons and enjoy!
Japanese persimmons are very sweet and make a great snack to satisfy your sweet tooth. They are high in vitamin C and A. But be careful. Because they are so sweet, most of their calories come from sugar.
Cottage Cheese with Pineapple and Mango
Store bought cottage cheese with pineapple
- Place mango slices on top of cottage cheese and enjoy!
Leave a Reply